A quality Oriental Rug or Area Rug is an important investment that will last for generations if cared for properly. To protect your heirloom, a rug should be professionally cleaned at minimum every 3 to 5 years and more often if it is subjected to frequent heavy traffic. Dirt particles can cause a rug’s fibers to become brittle and more sensitive to damage. Proper cleaning rids a rug of these particles and helps restore its luster to its original beauty and elegance—protecting your investment for years to come.
Our rug cleaning process has stood the test of time, following a stringent set of steps to ensure the utmost care for delicate fibers. Improvements have been added, via the use of state-of-the-art equipment, that we have introduced to ensure your satisfaction. Our specialists are trained to work on all types of Oriental Rugs and Area Rugs with the utmost skill, patience and attention to detail.
Each rug is inspected prior to being cleaned. We identify: woven material, prior damage, stains, spots, rug shape, and discoloration.
– A cleaning plan is discussed for each rug prior to cleaning
– The rug is dusted to get as much accumulated dust out of the rugs
– The rug is prepared for the wash process
– All soap is removed from the rug by washing and rewashing
– The rug is hung for drying
– Final inspection is performed prior to the rug’s release for delivery or pick-up
In addition to our basic cleaning process, we are happy to provide the following services
– Steam Cleaning
– Hand Cleaning (Delicate Textiles/Tapestries)
– Deodorization/Urine Decontamination
– Scotch-Guard/Moth Deterrent
– Storage and Preparation for Shipping