- Install a high quality pad
- Vacuum the entire surface of the rug weekly
- Change the direction of the vacuuming to stand the pile upright
- Use mats at doorways to collect dirt prior to stepping on the carpeting
- Clean spills immediately with clear water or club soda, dabbing, NOT rubbing, from the outer edge of the stain inward. If the stain remains, have the spot professionally treated. Do not use home remedies.
- Professionally clean every 1 to 2 years and more often in heavy traffic areas
- Use floor protectors made for carpeting under the legs of heavy furniture
- Protect the carpet from direct sunlight